Krups 880-42 Gusto Pump Espresso Machine
- Brews 1 or 2 cups of espresso at once; froths milk for cappuccino and caffe latte
- Convenient steam nozzle heats milk, hot chocolate, tea, and soup
- Indicator light goes out when proper brewing and frothing temperatures reached
- Removable, 32-ounce water tank provides easy filling; removable drip tray
- Measures 6 by 10-1/2 by 9 inches; 1-year warranty
This compact, moderately priced machine makes it possible to brew espresso and froth milk for cappuccino and café latté at home or in the office without taking up a lot of space. It measures just 6 inches wide, 10-1/2 inches high, and 9 inches deep. On top of the machine is a button for choosing brewing or shutting the pump off so that a steaming/frothing dial on the side can be engaged. There’s a steam nozzle for heating milk, hot chocolate, tea, and soup. A frothing attachment fits onto the nozzle for making cappuccinos or topping off café lattés. An indicator light goes out when proper water temperatures have been reached for brewing or frothing/steaming.
The machine brews either one or two cups of espresso at once, depending on which of two filters (included) is placed into the filter holder and how much coffee is tamped into a filter with a coffee scoop/tamping tool (also included). The 32-ounce water tank can be lifted out for convenient filling. The machine is clad in matte-black plastic for easy cleanup and carries a one-year warranty against defects. –Fred Brack