Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder Reviews
- AWARD WINNING GRINDERS – Baratza grinders are preferred by Speciality Coffee professionals.
- GO-TO ENTRY LEVEL GRINDER – Baratza’s best selling grinder, with it’s small footprint it is THE choice for those brewing coffee at home.
- STRAIGHTFORWARD – A convenient, front-mounted pulse button plus a simple ON/OFF switch makes it easy to grind on demand.
- 40 GRIND SETTINGS – plus an advanced burr set to help you explore the extensive range of brew methods (espresso, manual brewing, drip brewers)
- QUALITY PARTS – Built with the quality parts the industry has come to expect, including burrs manufactured in Europe, the Encore is backed by Baratza’s world class support.
485 Features: -Burrs: Manufactured in Europe, the Encore’s 40 mm conical burrs will grind for many styles of coffee. Conical burr grinders are exceptional at producing consistent grinds from very fine to very coarse as well as being durable and will remain sharp for many years..-Grind Adjustment: Turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to coarse for French Press. The grind range is from 250 to 1200 microns..-Grinds Left in Grinder: To maximize freshness, the Encore minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder..-Brewing Methods: The Encore is a great grinder for manual brewing and espresso.-Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch..-Calibration: An innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind. If necessary, the grinders can be user calibrated..-Speed Control: With unique speed control, the Encore uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 450 RPM. The electronic speed controller is adjustable from 405 to 495 RPM in the event that specific user conditions require modification of the speed. This slow speed reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder. It also ensures that the beans feed smoothly into the burrs..-Cleaning: Burrs are easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy..-On-off Switch: The Encore has an easy on-off switch..-Speed to Grind: .8 to 1.1 g/sec..-Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz. (227 g).-Grounds Bin Capacity: 5 oz. (142 g).-Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK. Includes: -Gearbox: In 2012, Baratza introduced the second generation Gearbox (GB 2.0). With GB 2.0, Baratza has significantly increased the strength and durability of the drive transmission while decreasing noise. In addition to a ne